RAPVAULT.NET

RAPVAULT.NET » Random Topic Area » World News

Tell ISPs: Don't Cut Off Your Users

Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Young Blood

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
Mighty88 is on a distinguished road
Default Tell ISPs: Don't Cut Off Your Users

Five of the top American ISPs have been working with the major media industry groups on a new set of "graduated response" policies. But the millions of subscribers who will be affected by itóthe same subscribers who elect the politicians, buy the content owners' goods and pay subscription fees to the internet accessóweren't invited to the table. Under the new agreement, unproven accusations of infringement could lead to escalating consequences from users, from "re-education" programs up to bandwidth throttling and account suspensions.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 25 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 1 For This Post / 677 Total
TxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond repute
TxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond reputeTxMade has a reputation beyond repute

This is old news but if my ISP were to cap me I would just get a seedbox.
With a seedbox you can easily avoid any data capping

Last edited by TxMade; 04-18-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Who Said Thanks:
MobThorough (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 23 Total
MobThorough has a reputation beyond repute
MobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond reputeMobThorough has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,I learned something from this
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm fiendin' fo' a hit!

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 287 Total
hiphopaddict has a spectacular aura abouthiphopaddict has a spectacular aura about

So is there any way for them to monitor "download" sites like mediafire, rapidshare, etc? Or does this mostly hurt people who use torrents, and other P2P based file sharing?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 1 For This Post / 677 Total

I think the only time they will monitor you is when you are downloading gigs and gigs per month. Normal users dont use that much bandwith so when they see a pattern of high usage thats when they may check what you been doing. Or someone you connect to in a pool of hundreds or thousands of IPs downloading the same movie and that happens to be a torrent that MPAA is monitoring and they get ur IP and get your ISP to send you a letter
Who Said Thanks:
hiphopaddict (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm fiendin' fo' a hit!

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 287 Total
hiphopaddict has a spectacular aura abouthiphopaddict has a spectacular aura about

I appreciate it. I use torrents occasionally if I can't find something here. I'm just glad that according to what I read "The Gestapo" will send at least one warning letter if they think you are breaking the law. This is fucked up though. I'd say someone will come out with some type of software to fool the ISP's on user consumption (if that's possible).
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 677 Total

Man if your genuinely worried about your ISP tracking you then I would suggest getting a seedbox they have some that are 100mb down and 100mb up you can download all you want it will go to and get saved to that seedbox you rent then you can transfer from the seedbox to your computer. When transfering from seedbox to home computer it wont show up to your ISP as u downloading anything even if you were to transfer 250 plus gb's.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Young Blood

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
deefactor is on a distinguished road

fyi there is no box that will fool the isp on your data usage. you pay the isp to assigns you an ip address and allows you to reach the internet. therefore any time you are on the internet you data runs through thier equipment (ie router, switch,monitoring equipment), no way around that period.they track all datausage (downloads,uploads,streaming,browsing,ftp,etc) so even if you have a "seedbox account" when you transfer for this account to you comp. it will count as data. At least this is how the ISP i had worked for does it
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Why you need a seedbox

Written by adminTopics: Seedbox Info
My last post detailing why you should get your hands on a seedbox if you do any serious torrenting at all was rather lacking. Here, iím trying again.

speed

Itís sat in a data centre, on a phat line. What more information do you need?

upload

That phat line? It goes up as well as down. Your shitty home dsl will probably have 1mb up max, these things have 100mb up, so youíll be seeding to people at the same speed that youíre downloading at. Good for your ratio, and the community as a whole.

competition

When youíre on a private tracker there is a lot of competition. They all know exactly how much you upload and download. With a seedbox you will guarantee that you will be up there with the big boys. I love stats.

home internet isnít swamped

When youíve got this box hosted somewhere miles away it isnít using any of your home connection.
You can happily frag some noobs, or stalk someone on facebook without any slowdown at all.

you can do it from anywhere

Your seedbox is run from a web interface. That means you can add torrents to it or make any other changes to it from anywhere you can access the web. Be it at work, school or on the train with your iPhone. Itís very easy.

no isp limits

A lot of ISPs these days have a cap on the amount of data you can upload and download. Having your torrents on a seedbox means that none of this cap is used, and you can have unlimited data usage with your seedbox.

ratio

With a seedbox youíre going to have a good ratio. With a good ratio comes good rep, and lots of perks. Everyone will be downloading for you, and people will be begging you to seed their torrents for them. Itís all about leverage.

anonimity

There is another layer between you and the RIAA. They have to go through your host on top of all the usual stuff. This adds a lot more hassle for them

safety

You donít even have to have torrenting software on your pc to use a seedbox. So if you happen to get your pc taken for inspection, it will be clean as a whistle.

Happy seedboxing :)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
fyi there is no box that will fool the isp on your data usage. you pay the isp to assigns you an ip address and allows you to reach the internet. therefore any time you are on the internet you data runs through thier equipment (ie router, switch,monitoring equipment), no way around that period.they track all datausage (downloads,uploads,streaming,browsing,ftp,etc) so even if you have a "seedbox account" when you transfer for this account to you comp. it will count as data. At least this is how the ISP i had worked for does it
FYI Dont speak on something you know absolutely nothing about. Try reading some info on the subject I speak of and inform and educate yourself before speaking damn noob